Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Trade Yard Sales Assistant
Mitre 10 MEGA & Mitre 10 St Aubyn Street, New Plymouth are dynamic and growing businesses, with a vision to provide inspirational experiences to the people of Taranaki. This is your chance to grow your career within the Trade section of our retail store(s).
The available yard floor sales assistant roles are essential to deliver exceptional customer service to DIYers and Trade customers visiting our stores.
We are a seven day a week business and work rostered shifts. We have opportunities for candidates seeking full-time work hours. Note, permanent, full time team members are expected to work at least one weekend day.
To be successful you must have:
- Passion for providing exceptional customer service
- DIY in your DNA and at least some Timber or industry knowledge
- Commitment to work safe at all times
- Energetic (physical able to work on your feet, fit and capable to do heavy/awkward (team) lifts when needed
- Skills to operate machinery e.g. drop saw, panel saw and load truck/trailer for deliveries
- Team player qualities with a can-do attitude
- Basic computer knowledge
Desired, but not essential:
- Previous experience in retail and/or trade work environment(s)
- Have a 'F' endorsed licence, current forklift operator certificate & be capable to demonstrate forklift operating / driving skills
- Current truck licence (Class 2)
- Available to cover for staff on leave, etc.
We have several positions available at our Mitre 10 MEGA store, either Tuesday - Saturday or Sunday - Thursday shift(40 hours total), with varying start & finish times as part of a team roster
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, please forward your CV and cover letter online.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: TradeApril2019
Location: New Plymouth, Jones & Sandford Mitre 10 MEGA New Plymouth, Taranaki
Closing Date: Friday, 24 May 2019