Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Mitre 10 (New Zealand) Limited
needs no introduction, as a proudly locally owned and operated business. You
see us in almost every town in New Zealand through our MEGA, Mitre 10 and Hammer
Hardware stores, we’re a big “Kiwi” brand and here’s your chance to join our Albany based Support Centre (North Shore - Auckland).
Continued growth has seen the need to review the way we work, and the need do things differently. The finance team has undertaken projects to transform and enhance financial forecasting and reporting processes across the business and will utilise IBM Planning Analytics TM1 (PA TM1) as the core financial planning and reporting system.
In this newly created 3-year fixed term role as TM1 Specialist, the primary focus will be on developing and maintaining financial models in PA TM1 across the Support Centre and Membership. Success of this role will be determined by both final solutions being viable products that are used successfully within the prescribed business processes and procedures and that the solutions are maintained and enhanced going forward as business requirements dictate.
Reporting to the TM1 Solutions Lead, your key areas of involvement will include:
- Understanding business requirements and translating into technical PA TM1 solutions
- Supporting PA TM1 models through all stages in the project life cycle
- Acting as an advisor to ensure the benefits of these solutions are realised across the business
- Developing PA TM1 models
- Writing efficient TI processes and Cube rules
- Designing and developing functional PA Workspace books / PA for MS Excel Websheets
- Providing training, support and troubleshooting user queries
To be able to step into this new role, we are looking for someone with:
- At least five (5)
years of real-world TM1 development experience, being able to demonstrate:
- Basic SQL / MDX / VBA knowledge
- Proficiency at writing inter and intra cube rules and feeders
- Proficiency at writing TI processes including prolog / meta data / data / epilog scripting
- Proficiency at setting-up PA TM1 Model and PA Workspace Security
- Proficiency at creating Dynamic reports using PA for MS Excel
- Proficiency at creating PA Workspace Books
- IBM TM1 consulting experience
- An in-dept understanding of financial reporting
- Degree in IT, Accounting or related field preferred
The ideal candidate will be highly analytical with a desire to drive change and continually improve. Additionally, exceptional communication skills and the willingness to mentor and train are crucial for success in this role.
This is an opportunity to make your mark within an iconic ‘Kiwi” company. Not only do we offer a challenging and stimulating work environment, additional benefits include onsite parking, excellent store purchasing privileges, flexible working hours, life & trauma insurance, access to discounted medical insurance, birthday leave and other sundry discounts.
Keen to take on this role? Apply via the company website by providing an updated CV, cover letter and indication of your salary expectation.
* For offshore candidates:
You should be legally eligible to work in New Zealand and be able to enter the country. No sponsorship will be provided.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: SC20F-003
Location: North Shore - Support Centre (Head Office)
Closing Date: 29 August 2020