Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Member: Timber and Building (New Lynn)
The focus of this role:
To provide service excellence, a high level of operational standards, and a safe working environment for trade and retail customers.
The duties of the role:
- Understand cash accounts, trade accounts and complete transactions accurately
- Process all types of transactions including cash, eftpos, credit cards, gift vouchers
- Operate machinery including saws and forklifts/reach-trucks/scissor lift
- Ensure cleanliness and tidiness of trade counter, trade yard yard and drive thru where applicable
- Accurately check inwards goods and follow processes
- Ensure all timber products are sold under the correct SKU and measurement
- Utilise the PDA to process sales and produce yard dockets
Our ideal applicant:
- 1 - 3 years’ experience working in a trade related environment
- Experience working in a high performing and busy environment.
- Previous cash handling experience especially beneficial
- Hold a valid, full, clean Class 1 licence.
- Able to drive delivery vehicles if required
- Physically fit and capable with no restrictions on lifting or handling.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Customer focused with a positive disposition
- High numerical skills and attention to detail
What’s in it for you:
This role offers you the opportunity to be an integral part of a proudly Kiwi-owned and operated independent retail business. We are proud to offer an industry leading learning and development framework, opportunities to grow your career, a generous staff purchase scheme and all the tools required to perform the role.
Who we are:
Riviera Hardware Holdings Limited (RHHL) owns and currently operates Mitre 10 MEGA Albany, Mitre 10 MEGA Warkworth, Mitre 10 MEGA New Lynn and Mitre 10 Whangaparaoa stores. We also operate our three Columbus Coffee shops within our MEGA stores. We deliver Prenail Frame and Truss solutions through Riviera Prenail and manage our own importing via Riviera Imports.
All employment offers are subject to background checks including References and Ministry of Justice Checks and applicants need to be able to fulfil the inherent requirements of the role.
Permanent Part Time
Job no: X44-TM-TRD-29072020
Location: Waitakere & West Auckland, Mitre 10 MEGA New Lynn
Closing Date: Friday, 28 August 2020