Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Project Manager (Quick Wins)
Mitre 10 needs no introduction as a proudly New Zealand owned and operated business – you see us in almost every town through our Mitre 10 MEGA, Mitre 10 and Hammer Hardware stores. We’ve been a trusted brand since 1974 and today are the country’s biggest home improvement and gardening retailer as well as a partner of choice for trade professionals.
Growth in the size of iItre 10 over the past few years and with the operationalisation of our transformation programme underway, we have restructured the teams and created new roles and workstreams to ensure that we work in the most efficient way possible. This is your opportunity to join our transformation programme as a Senior Project Manager for the Transformation stream on a 1-year fixed term basis at our Albany based Support Centre.
Our preferred candidate will have a minimum of 10 years project management experience including large transformation programmes. Specific exposure to Transformation programmes, RFP's and target operating models will be an advantage. You'll hold related qualifications (PMP or Prince 2, Agile PM, PMI-ACP, or related) and have an excellent eye for detail, as well as proven analytical skills, stakeholder management capability, along with strong organisational and planning skills.
This will see you lead the development and implementation of a broad, coordinated set of plans and programs to meet the goals and priorities of the Programme. Continuously improve project management tool-kits and methodologies. Provide expertise and consulting in the process of project management and in the softer skills of team dynamics, team building and group motivation.
Reporting to the Project Delivery Manager, your key tasks will include:
- Taking responsibility for running complex programs and projects; which includes handling tasks that are involved in designing and development, as well as production.
- Ensuring that all the projects within the programme follow the standard procedures that are used in the management and deployment of projects.
- Managing programme and project budgets, reporting metrics to governance groups
- Undertaking strategy creation for contingency planning and risk mitigation.
- Being responsible for planning and scheduling project goals, milestones and deliverable.
- Defining requirements and plans the project life cycle deployment.
- Defining resources for project and program implementation.
- Identifying and solving project issues effectively.
- Overseeing and directing the project team and manages conflicts within the different groups.
- Developing RFP (Requests for Proposals) for external services.
- Performing team assessment and evaluations.
- Exhibiting leadership qualities to define requirements for project risks.
- Possessing skills such as organisation, presentation and customer service skills.
- Designing and maintaining project documentation.
- Reporting the progress as well as the roadblocks to management stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make your mark within an industry leading iconic ‘Kiwi” company. We offer a challenging and stimulating work environment with our benefits including flexible working hours, life & trauma insurance, generous discount privileges, access to discounted medical insurance and loads of other sundry discounts.
If this sounds like your next career move, please apply with your CV and cover letter, including salary expectations via this website.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: SC20B-050
Location: North Shore - Support Centre (Head Office)
Closing Date: 13 December 2019