Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Senior Full Stack Developer - Stores Systems (ERP, Java and/or PHP)
Mitre10 is a dynamic and growing company, and this is your opportunity to join a highly-skilled technology team, focused on the implementation of leading-edge projects throughout our billion-dollar business.
With a nationwide network of over 100 stores and a Support Centre with a significant IT team, this two-year fixed term senior level role will have you working at the cutting edge of store systems to deliver solutions that help make our stores’ staff’s lives easier and more efficient, whether that be within supply chain and inventory management, finance or other area of our fast-moving retail business. Within our agile development team, you will have a real opportunity to make an impact.
Due to the significant number of projects being rolled out to stores, we have created this new role to meet user requirements. We are looking for someone who thrives on new challenges and is committed to producing high quality work. You will be passionate about your work and gain genuine enjoyment from seeing projects through, from start to finish.
Reporting to the Senior Technical Lead – Store Systems, you will be responsible for:
- Analysis, design, build, implementation and support of our in-store applications M10POS (client Java), Pacsoft (Powerflex), Storenet (PHP) and M10mobile (PHP); and
- Providing production support for end users, technical support where required, and ensuring quality software, reliable information and stable applications.
We're interested in someone that has experience in most of the below, including an interest to learn and be up-skilled:
- 4GL programming language (ideally Powerflex or Dataflex);
- Scripting languages such as BASH, Python, Perl;
- MySQL or similar relational database;
- Unix / Linux operating system;
- Console text editors (VI / Emacs);
- REST Webservices;
- Jira, Confluence, Bamboo;
- Postscript, printer languages.
Methodologies, techniques and additional skills:
- Agile and waterfall development methodologies;
- Automated testing;
- Performance tuning;
- Code quality tools and methods;
- Implementation and operation of monitoring, alerting and centralized logging systems;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- The confidence to express ideas as part of a creative team;
- A genuine interest in technological trends;
- The ability to meet deadlines and think strategically;
- A passionate approach to work with a desire to push boundaries;
- Experience within a fast-paced retail environment would be very helpful.
We offer a great team culture, the opportunity to work on interesting projects, a flexible working approach and great staff benefits. If this sounds like the career move you seek, please apply now with your cover letter, CV and indication of salary expectations.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: SC19E-005
Location: North Shore - Support Centre (Head Office)
Closing Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2019