Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Retail Assistant (Warkworth, Rodney)
- Are you passionate about delivering the best shopping experience to our customers?
- Can you turn customer dreams into reality?
- Do you have exceptional product knowledge that you can easily share with our customers and other team members?
Answered yes to the above? We have several permanent full-time & part-time positions available on the shop floor at Mitre 10 MEGA Warkworth. This role would be ideal for a trade’s person looking to get off their tools whilst still using their trade knowledge to offer great advice and give great customer service!
At Mitre 10 we offer the best paint and plumbing range to our customers and we need a dynamic team member to join us in these two department. You will be part of a team that helps to inspire, create and assist our local community with their DIY projects! Part of your role would be to provide expertise, knowledge and advice to both trade and retail customers on all Plumbing products.
Our ideal candidate:
- PAINT: Strong paint product knowledge or a background working with paint or
- PLUMBING: Demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of the associated plumbing tools and products.
- Hands on DIY or trade experience beneficial
- The confidence and ability to help customers understand what they will need for their project
- Sufficient strength and fitness to deal with the challenge of merchandising product deliveries and walking the department.
- A down to earth personality that focuses on how we can do what we need to do.
What’s in it for you?
- We think you would look good in orange!
- We have coffee on tap!
- Great staff purchase scheme.
- Be an integral part of a proudly Kiwi-owned and operated independent retail business.
- Industry-leading learning and development framework
- Many opportunities to grow your career
All about you!
- Stock integrity and merchandising awareness (essential)
- Physically fit and capable with no restrictions on lifting or handling (preferred).
- Previous cash handling experience (preferred)
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Strong multi-tasking ability.
Experience in the following areas?
- Paint, Flooring and Hardware (Hand tools, Powertools, Fixings, Fastenings, Automotive) gardening, checkouts and seasonal.
- If you have retail experience in any of these areas or have a passion to learn, we look forward to hearing from you.
The duties of this role:
- Provide information on products, across features & benefits and price ranges.
- Answer questions and queries from customers and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Replenish stock, ensuring appropriate and attractive presentation in all merchandise displays, including correct ticketing and location, to maximize sales potential.
Riviera Hardware Holdings Limited is a kiwi-owned and operator, independent retail business. We own and operate Mitre 10 MEGA Albany, Mitre 10 MEGA Warkworth, Mitre 10 MEGA New Lynn, and Mitre 10 Whangaparaoa. We also operate our three Columbus Coffee shops within our MEGA stores. Part of our service offering is the delivery of Prenail Frame and Truss solutions through Riviera Pre-nail. We also manage our own importing via Riviera Imports.
The Warkworth district is known as the Kowhai Coast, named after the native kowhai tree, and the town's annual Kowhai Festival is one of the largest community festivals in the country, running for around a week in spring. One of the most prominent features of Warkworth is the Mahurangi River, an estuary which runs right through the township, where it then joins the Mahurangi Harbor and flows into the Hauraki Gulf. On the eastern side of the river is the Mahurangi East peninsula, with the seaside towns of Snells Beach and Algies Bay. It is here that the scenic Kawau Island is found, notable for its historic Mansion House, once the private retreat of Governor Grey. East of Warkworth and north of Mahurangi East lies the Tawharanui Peninsula, home of The Tawharanui Regional Park and Tawharanui Marine Park. To the north is the town of Wellsford, with the thickly forested Dome Valley lying in between. On the west coast lies the Kaipara Harbor, while to the south is the small historic township of Puhoi and further south the larger town of Orewa.
All employment offers are subject to clear background checks including but not limited to References and Ministry of Justice Checks. Applicants need to be able to fulfil the inherent requirements of the role including the right to work in New Zealand.