Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Mitre 10 Mega Wanaka - Homewares and Lighting/Electrical Retail Assistants
Mitre 10 continues to
be the preferred DIY and Trade store of choice for many New Zealanders with a
vision to inspire our customers in their everyday lives.
We have two roles which will require a visionary person who can convert a whispered desire into an everyday inspiration. Listening carefully to the customer’s requirements and particular context and suggesting tailored solutions to exceed their expectations.
If you have a passion for anticipating trends and can create ambience through staging we would love to see your portfolio – before and after photos would be great or shown through an Instagram account. Your work doesn’t need be in a formal setting as we know there are creative types who have not embraced their gift in a commercial setting, and yet live and breathe aesthetics. Product knowledge can be trained.
Reporting to a Zone leader you will suggest product lines and ranging to inspire our diverse customers.
Balancing the constraints of a fixed budget and inspirational offerings as well as creating visual displays for customers to viscerally experience potential options.
The main reason for our success is the outstanding customer service we deliver every day. We aim at being the best home improvement retailer throughout the country and help Kiwis love where they live.
We live by our core values: We stick together so that everyone wins, we're customer obsessed, we are honest and fair and we strive for excellence.
About the Positions:
2 Full time positions working 40 hours across 5 days in our Electrical & Lighting and Homewares departments at Mitre 10 Mega Wanaka. Please expect to be working at least one weekend day a week.
Our retail sales assistants have a reputation for exceptional customer service paired with extensive product knowledge.
The ideal candidate will bring the following:
- A portfolio demonstrating their flair for design and trends (can provide links on application)
- Examples of staging in an informal or formal setting (can provide links on application)
- Previous retail experience, with an absolute passion for customer service;
- Retail sales experience, desired but not essential
- An interest in all things DIY,
- Strong communication skills with the ability to meet and exceed expectations of our DIY customers
- The ability to work autonomously as well as in a team to achieve results
What's in it for you?
- Ongoing product knowledge and customer service technical training
- Opportunities to develop and grow within the company
- A positive, supportive, professional work environment
- Company buying privileges
- Discounted gym membership
- Active Social club
If you are looking for an opportunity to further develop your Customer service and Sales skills whilst helping out our DIY and Customers, please apply now! On your cover letter please state any preference you may have for a particular department. We look forward to hearing from you.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.