Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Mitre 10 Mega Tauranga- Team Leader
Mitre 10 MEGA Tauranga is local family owned and operated business! We are a diverse and growing company, with a vision to provide great quality products and the best value and expertise to enable our customers to have an affordable and easy DIY experience.
Due to department growth, we are after two Team Leaders for the Trade Supplies Department. The two team leaders will work together across two opposite shifts to ensure the smooth running of this department, crossing over on a Wednesday. Both these roles offer 40 hours a week across a FOUR DAY WORKWEEK! Giving you a long weekend every weekend!
As mentioned, we are after two Team Leaders. Please see Role One's roster below:
Role One: Wednesday-Saturday (40 hours per week)
The Trade Supplies Department is a very fast paced, rewarding environment! Our current team brings a great mix of trade knowledge and customer service experience. This department assists our customers with all their trade needs, from timber to plaster board and much more!
What you can expect to do in this role:
- Leading, motivating, and growing a strong team culture that reflects our company values
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external policies and procedures that govern the store’s activities as they relate to your role, including Health & Safety guidelines and procedures
- Work collaboratively with the Trade Manager & Group Trade Manager to achieve department targets
- Ensuring all operational processes are carried out in regards to stock management and profit protection, in order to minimise shrinkage;
- Working with a ‘One Team’ approach and providing friendly and helpful service to our customers, which includes everyone from local tradies to the keen DIYers!
- A genuine passion for customer service
- An organised approach, proven reliability, and the ability to manage your time efficiently
- A positive “can-do” attitude, with the flexibility to deal with ad-hoc tasks as they arise
- A drive to succeed and strive for excellence
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work within a large team with an ‘honest & fair’ mindset
- The ability to carry out the manual handling requirements of the role
- Proven leadership skills/experience
- Paid day off for your birthday
- competitive remuneration
- Generous staff discount
- $10,000 Trauma Insurance Cover
- Discounted rates at multiple local gyms, dentists, optometrists and more!
- A supportive and friendly team environment
- Leadership up-skilling programmes
Due to the fast-paced nature of our recruitment team, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, if you think you’d look great in orange make sure you apply as soon as possible. Please apply online before 31st January 2023. No applications will be accepted in store.