Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Mitre 10 MEGA Glenfield- Timber & Building Supervisor
Mitre 10 continues to be the preferred DIY and Trade store of choice for many New Zealanders. We are committed to helping Kiwis love where they live and we aim at being the best home improvement retailer throughout the country.
The main reason for our success is the outstanding customer service we deliver every day.
We live by our core values: We stick together so that everyone wins, we're customer obsessed and we strive for excellence. We are committed to keeping our people and customers safe.
Mitre 10 MEGA Glenfield is seeking an enthusiastic people person who knows the Timber & Building industry and enjoys working in a retail environment.
As the Timber & Building/Drive Thru Supervisor you will a have sound knowledge of building materials, timber and DIY related products, a passion for working with people and making sure that our customers receive the best possible service. You will be a team player who works alongside the team to achieve very ambitious targets under pressure, while also supporting the manager in delivering the department results.
We are looking for someone who has been a successful team leader, who has strong organising skills, who can communicate a sense of direction, celebrate their team's achievements and offer support when it's needed.
This full time role on a 3 week roster requires one full weekend on out of 3, and to be physically fit for frequent manual handling and lifting. A full driver’s license is a must, while an F endorsement will be viewed favourably.
To be the successful candidate you will:
- Have previous experience in a supervisory role within a similar industry (at least 2 years)
- Enjoy developing a team and further their skills set
- Enjoy the physical aspects of the position
- Bring a hands-on attitude, matched with a spirit of collaboration in a fast paced and busy environment
- Work with high energy levels to keep the team motivated for success
- Have the safety and wellbeing of the team and the customers at heart, and ensure that H&S is followed at all times in our busy yard
What’s in it for you?
- Generous staff discounts on purchases
- Free staff-parking
- Fun, supportive and down to earth team
- In-store training to facilitate product knowledge learning and licencing if needed
- A great team environment working in an excellent facility
- Discounted food at our onsite café
Are you our new Mitre 10 MEGA Glenfield Timber & Building/Drive Thru Supervisor? Do you have what it takes to take the current team to the next level? If you believe you are the successful candidate we are looking for, we can't wait to hear from you! Please submit your CV and cover letter via this website.