Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Health & Safety Co-ordinator/Advisor
You will be responsible for undertaking, monitoring, reviewing and implementing Health and Safety systems and processes to an accurate, high level, and helping to ensure the safety and compliance of the business overall with employees, contractors, visitors and members of the public.
You will be confident in your knowledge of the Health and Safety regulations and able to self-manage tasks. You’ll be a good communicator who can easily advise, coach and guide at all levels of the business.
Some of the key duties of this role include but are not limited to:
Being the first point of contact for Health & Safety queries
Ensuring H&S processes and procedures are maintained, and drive continuous improvement in all H&S tasks
- Investigate incidents and set corrective actions, ensuring all corrective actions get closed off
- Ensure staff are adequately trained on hazard identifications and reporting of hazards, incidents etc
- Ensure all new staff receive both induction and on-going health and safety information and training
- Monitoring and booking mission critical training
- Facilitate the H&S committee meetings and actively encourage employee participation and accountability in safety management programs
- Maintaining Health and Safety registers, records and H & S documents
- Preparing for store audits
To be considered for this role, you must obtain the following attributes:
At least 3 years’ experience in a similar Health and Safety role
Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Understanding of Health and Safety Act and relevant NZ legislation
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to work at pace
Be solutions orientated to identify both risk and opportunity
The successful candidate will be results driven self-starter who is highly motivated and able to meet deadlines. You will also have strong attention to detail and have excellent communication skills.
This is a part time position, 25 hours per week.
Please submit your CV and cover letter via this website.
Permanent Part Time
Job no: X56767052
Location: Auckland, Waitakere & West Auckland, Mitre 10 MEGA Westgate
Closing Date: 07/08/2020