Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Head Chef - Columbus Kerikeri
At Columbus Coffee, one of New Zealand’s most recognised brands, we have a unique and successful partnership serving premium cafe food and award-winning coffees.
Our café located in the Bay of Islands within Mitre 10 Kerikeri Store, as a modern design accompanied by the open plan leading into the garden centre it’s the perfect meeting spot for our local community to come together.
We are now seeking an Experienced Head Chef to lead the team!
Our Head Chef is responsible for bringing culinary expertise, sound kitchen management, staff development and training as well as promoting a positive culture. You must have excellent communication skills. Consistency and the ability to follow recipes is essential.
As a senior member of the team, you will play an integral part in providing an extremely high level of customer satisfaction at all times, ensuring an extremely high standard of food preparation and food safety is maintained.
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong chef experience, 2 years plus preferably in a cafe environment
- Planning and organisational skills
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to train, manage and inspire the team
- Strong knowledge of FCP and H&S at café level
- Maintain food control plans and keep records up to date
- High standards of work - attention to detail and quality control
- Passionate about ensuring that everything that goes out of the kitchen is to the highest standard
- Experience working in a fast-paced cafe and can work well under pressure
- Flexible in availability – our Café’s operate 7-days a week, so your shifts will involve weekends and public holidays.
- Clear, strong communication skills with the café manager and within the team
What’s in it for you?
- No night shifts
- Opportunities to grow and develop within our team
- Staff discounts in our Mitre 10 Kerikeri Store
- A light, bright and modern working environment
- Fun and Friendly working dynamic
Applicants must be prepared to have early starts, daytime hours and work within a seven-day roster.
Please note offers will be subject to satisfactory Ministry of Justice Check.
All applicants must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit
Thank you for your interest in Columbus Coffee!
Permanent Full Time
Job no: CCNZ.H.C.050620
Location: Northland, Rest of Northland, Mitre 10 Kerikeri
Closing Date: applications must be received by 30/08/2020