Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Garden Centre Retail Sales Member
Mitre 10 continues to dominate the NZ DIY retail market through both its market share and number of stores throughout the country – and you can be part of our continuing success by joining the team at Mitre 10 Kerikeri.
About the role: Kiwis love to garden and we love to assist them with their gardening needs. We need someone that can connect with the customers through great customer service, active listening and excellent product knowledge. Your gardening passion may come from time in your own backyard or you may have undertaken horticultural training – either way you will enjoy helping our customers select the right plants, and garden products.
Ideally you will be experienced with the sale of both green and dry garden goods, although applicants with a proven retail background and who are eager to learn will be considered.
The Successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Growing sales by providing exceptional customer service
- Maintain high merchandising standards & manage stock
- Work closely & provide assistance in other departments if required
- Heavy lifting and physical movement is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work on a roster including a weekend day
- Promoting health and safety, ensuring safe work practices within your team at all times.
- A good working knowledge of vegetable gardens, landscaping and products required to plant and grow healthy gardens
- Experience and knowledge in green goods and garden varieties, garden hardware and associated products such as fertilizers and plant food are essential
This is a full-time role with a minimum of 40 hours per week. You will be expected to work on a roster basis, with at least one day per weekend work included.
So if you want to work in a fun, dynamic work environment, as well as receive ongoing training, uniform and great staff buying privileges, and you think you can deliver on what we seek, then please forward a CV and cover letter via this website.
All applicants must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit
Thank you for your interest in Mitre 10 Kerikeri
Permanent Full Time
Job no: kk12.gc0720
Location: Northland, Rest of Northland, Mitre 10 Kerikeri
Closing Date: applications must be received by 25/08/2020