Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Frame & Truss Team Member
Wanganui Frames & Trusses
Production Team Member
Manufacturing unique, high-quality frames and trusses to meet customer specifications, Wanganui Frames & Trusses is a 100% locally owned business looking for an energetic and reliable team member to join the team. If you have previous experience in this type of environment, have worked in the construction industry before or have a passion to join the industry then you need to keep reading.
Responding to our clients’ orders, the on-site frame & truss detailers interpret plans and drawings, create layout plans and cutting lists, which are sent to the factory floor where they are processed by the frame and truss manufacturers.
You will be an integral member of the team, manufacturing pre-nailed timber framing sections for walls and roofs, which are then delivered to customers. Team members are trained in all aspects of the operation, moving into more skilled roles as they become proficient. The ideal Candidate for this position must have the following attributes:
The ideal Candidate for this position must have the following attributes:
- Manufacturing quality frame and truss products for prefabricated housing
- Using tools of the trade, such as nail guns and other basic power tools
- Full NZ Drivers Licence.
- Operating Linear Saws
- Working to deadlines
- Minimum 32 hours per week
- Previous experience manufacturing frames & trusses is advantageous
- A Pre-Trade qualification or similar would be beneficial
- Knowledge in the use of hand tools and power tools is a plus
- Ability to accurately measure and cut timber
- Working in a good team environment, with on-going training and mentoring
- Part of the parent company Mitre 10 MEGA Wanganui with generous team buying benefits.
- Team Member Perks such as Birthday ‘Day Off’, Funeral insurance.
- All your PPE provided at no cost to you
If you would like more information, please call the Manager on 0278077450
If you believe you are the team member we are looking for, please forward a CV and Cover Letter via this website.
Passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen is a requirement.