Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
We are an award-winning success story, delighting our customers with our home improvement, garden and trade offer. We have an opportunity available for a Category Manager in the Showrooms team which is comprised of bathroom, kitchen, appliances, heating, cooling, lighting, smart home, paint, flooring, indoor furniture and storage.
As Category Manager within our Customer Solutions department you will be operating in
a highly competitive market and will be responsible
for the development and implementation of plans leading to differential and
competitive advantage in the market. You will need to be an experienced professional who can
demonstrate excellent results in a similar role and be looking to take your
career in buying and sourcing to a new level.
This role requires you to have a:
- A solid experience in the fundamentals of category management, customer lead thinking, range architecture, sourcing options, promotional management, on shelf ranging decisions, and full life cycle product management.
- You will be passionate for every ounce of value in the product lifecycle, understanding that listing a product is only the first step.
- A passion for the facts, using information from many sources to arrive at your decisions and follow their impact
Furthermore, to be successful in this key position, you will
be required to develop and maintain key relationships with varied stakeholders,
and these must be leveraged in an ethical and professional manner. Other
aspects of the role that are a must include excellent negotiation, the ability
to influence a diverse audience, and sound public presentation, facilitation and
This role demands high energy levels and an absolute passion to lead your category to outstanding levels of performance. The ideal candidate will have had previous buying experience within a similar market or FMCG. You will need to be able to travel overseas around twice per year to international fairs/ shows and meet with suppliers, along with the ability to manage a Category Assistant.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work on Auckland’s North Shore in a modern office that's easily accessible from the motorway
- Perfect location walking distance from shops, gymnasiums and more
- Flexible working arrangements, times and locations (i.e. remote once to twice a week, starting time between 7am - 9am)
- A positive, fast paced environment where you'll be enabled to perform
- Absolute openness where all opinions are valued equally, and a good idea can come from anywhere
- An attractive remuneration package, generous buying privileges, life & trauma insurance, discounted medical insurance, free parking and loads more sundry perks.
This is your opportunity to make your mark within an iconic Kiwi company. If this sounds like you, please apply directly via the careers page with your CV and cover letter. Applications close 23 October 2020.
Attention Recruitment Agencies: Mitre 10 (New Zealand) Limited has a direct sourcing model and at this point in time we will not require any recruitment agency support for this role.