Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Accounts Payable Officer
A bit about us…
Locally owned and operated, Mitre 10 MEGA is an exciting fast paced company where no two days are the same. The Mitre 10 brand is part of the DNA of New Zealand DIY with many customers having grown up with the brand originally launched in New Zealand in 1974.
A bit about the role…
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Officer to join our small friendly team. The Accounts Payable Officer is responsible for two store’s accounts managed through our Support Centre, that costs are correctly recorded within the financial system and that appropriate controls are maintained. This role will be based out of our modern offices at our main location in Petone.
- Reconcile statements
- Accurate loading & matching all stock invoices from inwards goods to relevant packing slips and acquiring P.O.D.s when necessary
- Accurate loading all non stock invoices including seeking relevant approvals
- Resolving any invoice problems raising credits where necessary
- Follow up outstanding credit claims
- Sending data to Mitre 10 New Zealand
- Follow up on 90 day creditors
- Other tasks as required to assist the Finance Team
A bit about you…
- Working knowledge of Pacsoft an advantage but not required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products including MS Excel
- A positive, can do attitude
- An ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Effective interpersonal skills. Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships and have the patience to provide assistance to the wider team
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and uses initiative
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to display sound judgement and logical thinking
commitment to delivering excellent customer service to all internal and external
We provide a competitive remuneration package and excellent staff purchasing scheme. If you feel this is the career opportunity that you have been looking for and that you can deliver what we seek then please apply by sending your CV and cover letter via email to our Financial Controller, Melissa Ihaka at Melissa.email@example.com or directly through the ad before 20 January 2022. However, as we do not always work to fixed closing dates, we encourage you to apply early as we may consider applications as we receive them.
We are currently consulting on a proposed COVID-19 policy with our existing team members, however all new team members from 1 January 2022 are required to be fully vaccinated prior to starting within any Mitre 10 store.