Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Service Assistant - Trade Department
Mitre 10 MEGA Whangarei is a dynamic and growing company, with a vision to provide outstanding customer service, great quality products and the best value and expertise to enable our customers to have a great experience.
This is your chance to grow your career within our ‘big box’ format store and bepart of a passionate and committed team.
Your days will be high impact moving quickly from one task to the next. We’ll be depending on you, as the face of Mitre 10, to put our customers at the heart of everything you do. You will have a strong and good knowledge of timber, building products, hardware and power tools. You will be helping customers solve DIY projects one minute and building relationships and looking after the needs of our very busy large builders and commercial clients the next. Duties will include picking and loading orders for delivery, stock maintenance, yard housekeeping and operating POS tills.
You will need to:
* Have exceptional sales experience and interpersonal skills
* Familiarity with power tools and general hardware is preferred
* Consistently interact with customers in a friendly manner
* Have the ability to meet deadlines and show initiative
* Have outstanding problem-solving skills
* Be reliable, responsible and dependable
* A full drivers licence
* A forklift licence is preferred but full training will be provided to the right candidate
* Have awillingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
* Have a strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Have the energy and drive to be your best – and exceed expectations
* Physical stamina and strength will benefit those interested as the role includes lifting heavy equipment, as well as helping customers load materials into their vehicles.
It’s a committed role, full of everyday challenges, but that’s one of the things that makes it so rewarding. If the above position sounds like you and you would like the opportunity to become part of a dynamic team who have a commitment to providing exceptional service to our customers and you are available now, then please forward your CV and a covering letter via this website.
Please note this won’t suit a student as it does require weekday work.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: TRANOV18
Location: Mitre 10 MEGA Whangarei
Closing Date: Generous staff discount.