Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Innovation Centre Merchandiser
Our drive to continue to do things differently and enhance our customers’ shopping experience across our national store network, sees us looking for an experienced Innovation Centre Visual Merchandiser to join our Store Innovation and Implementation team.
If you have a passion for merchandising with the ability to “build” bays to optimize our customers’ shopping experience, enjoy physically seeing what you have achieved each day without the in-store customer interaction, then this is the role for you. This is an opportunity for you to become a key staff member of an iconic, leading New Zealand retailer.
The role is based in the Innovation Centre of the Mitre 10 Support Centre, where you will be primarily focused on the physical development of visual range guides, display prototypes and other merchandising initiatives. You will also be involved in receipting and dispatching sample stock in and out of the Innovation Centre. Along with this, you will work closely with the Store Implementation team and Category Managers to develop material and resources for training the stores in visual merchandising standards and practices.
You will report to the Innovation Centre Manager and need:
- 3+ years of experience in store merchandising experience with an understanding of how retail operates;
- A real eye for detail;
- The ability to listen and collaborate;
- Some understanding of inwards/ outwards goods processes and of best practice health and safety practices;
- Be comfortable using a computer, with MS Excel experience helpful;
- Be physically able as there is lifting, not overly heavy, but you will spend most of the day on your feet moving stock etc.; and
- A forklift license would be beneficial (or at least an ability to obtain one).
We offer a fantastic team culture, focused on values, on-site parking, excellent staff benefits and an opportunity to grow your career with a leading “Kiwi” owned company.
To find out more information or apply (with CV and cover letter), please take action now!
Permanent Full Time
Job no: SC 19C-ICM
Location: North Shore - Support Centre (Head Office)
Closing Date: 20 February 2019