Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Second Chef - Columbus Kerikeri
At Columbus Coffee, one of New Zealand’s most recognised brands, we have a unique and successful partnership serving premium cafe food and award-winning coffees.
Our cafe located in the Bay of Islands within Mitre 10 Kerikeri Store, as a modern design accompanied by the open plan leading into the garden center it’s the perfect meeting spot for our local community to come together.
We are now seeking an Experienced Second Chef to join the team!
Our Second Chef is responsible for bringing culinary expertise & promoting a positive culture. You must have excellent communication skills. Consistency and the ability to follow recipes is essential.
You will play an integral part in providing an extremely high level of customer satisfaction at all times, ensuring an extremely high standard of food preparation and food safety is maintained.
We are looking for someone with:
- Strong chef experience preferably in a cafe environment
- Planning and organisational skills
- Capability to fill the Head Chef role when the Head Chef is off
- Strong knowledge of FCP and H&S at cafe level
- Maintain food control plans and keep records up to date
- High standards of work - attention to detail and quality control
- Passionate about ensuring that everything that goes out of the kitchen is to the highest standard
- Experience working in a fast-paced cafe and can work well under pressure
- Flexible in availability – our Cafe's operate 7-days a week, so your shifts will involve weekends and public holidays.
- Clear, strong communication skills with the cafe manager and within the team
What’s in it for you?
- No night shifts
- Staff discounts in our Mitre 10 Kerikeri Store
- A light, bright and modern working environment
- Fun and Friendly working dynamic
If you have strong culinary skills, can communicate effectively and can maintain a good working environment - We want to hear from you, please forward a CV and cover letter via this website.
Applicants must be prepared to have early starts, daytime hours and work within a seven-day roster.
Please note offers will be subject to satisfactory Ministry of Justice Check.
All applicants must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit
Thank you for your interest in Columbus Coffee!
Permanent Full Time
Job no: KKCC.030719.300719
Location: Northland, Rest of Northland, Mitre 10 Kerikeri
Closing Date: applications must be received by 30/07/19